Sabado, Pebrero 11, 2012

The Food – Yum!



The last time I had Filipino food was in Hong Kong – and it was served by Filipinos.  So Rice Terraces had some high expectations to live up to – and I must say they were well surpassed!  This is evidenced by the fact that over  half of the other diners in the restaurant with us were Filipinos, so obviously these dishes are, if not authentic, at least damn tasty.
Starters range from £3-4 and include options such as a cold chicken and vegetable crepe – it is delicious, and I mention it is cold because it’s meant to be cold, just so you know.  We didn’t, but were pleasantly surprised. :)  Another tasty starter I can personally recommend is the pork spring rolls; there weren’t oily or greasy and served with a sauce that gave quite the kick.
I’ll have to go back to try more entrees – there is a lot of choice, with most entrees running between £5-7.  There is a specials blackboard, though I was slightly confused as all the specials were on the menu (the ‘regular’ menu – the same one you’ll find on the website).  Anyway, I love soy sauce and salty sauces, so I went for the beefsteak tagalog, which is cooked with lime and onion.  Again, I really liked the flavours and the lack of greasiness compared to other similar Asian cuisines.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento